Tuesday, August 19, 2008

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION


On Sept. 1-4, 2008, the Republican National Convention will be held at the Excel Energy Center in my city, St. Paul, Minnesota.


There is a security perimeter around the Excel where no vehicles or bikes are allowed, except upon special permission. I bike with my dog, Jack.


Yesterday I went to police headquarters and submitted my request for special permission to enter the security perimeter on my bike with Jack. The designated officer was not in at the time so I left my letter/application with the desk officer. I now await the officer's decision.


During the convention, I want to roam, take photographs, and listen to the protesters. I plan to post my thoughts and photographs on this blog.


Happily, I discovered that I'll be able to park my car at police headquarters (safe from the rioting anarchists, communists, Democrats, and nihilists) and bike a short distance to where the action will be.

1 comment:

Jack said...

tbieter,

I think Jack is the most beautiful and smartest looking "DOG" I have ever seen in my entire life. I think I'm in love.

Jack