Monday, September 1, 2008

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

















Yesterday we left at noon and drove to the police department to park the car. But there was a security perimeter, so we had to park 20 feet from the security guys. They promised to guard my car from any anarchists and nihilists.
We then biked to Mears Park to have lunch. Leaving Mears, we ran into s couple and their dog whom we know from the dog park. My Reagan t-shirt draws attention and is a hit (But, I think, though, that I got a few dirty looks from some liberal types) They were en route to RNC protest rally at the Black Dog Cafe!
At Rice Park I sat and watched people and then walked south-east to where the the "South walking detour" begins on Kellogue Blvd. We then biked to the car and arrived home at 5:00 p.m.
Today we'll take the "North walking detour" starting at W. 10th Street and walk the bike to the "sidewalk access areas" near the Excel. The public speakers stage and Fox News are there.
Today, starting at 11:00a.m., is the big protest march from the State Capitol to the Excel. From what I saw yesterday, I'm certain that the protesters will be outnumbered by the police and other security personnel. I hope to be there on time!












1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the picture! You and Jack make a great team!!