Monday, September 1, 2008

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION


Other than meeting these charming Obama-supporting sisters from Mankato (where I grew up and graduated from college), today was uneventful. I got a late start, arriving at Rice Park at about 4:00 p.m. I had intended to take the "north walking tour" to the vacinity of the Excel. But, when I discovered the length of the walk, in view of the late hour, I just went to Rice Park to relax and watch people.
The anarchists were violent today - breaking windows and other property, and assaulting some delegates. As I write this, the evening news reports that there were 283 people arrested, 119 on felony charges.
I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. It is supposed to rain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow..a lot of arrests. I was looking at the Minnesota Public radio site and there were lots of slideshows of the protestors and the police. You should check it out: http://www.minnesota.publicradio.org

GammaRae said...

Sir, you flatter me! The young lady on the left is my daughter, not my sister, but bless you anyway! It was a pleasure meeting you...hope you enjoy the rest of the week and the convention! GOBAMA!